What are you goals for 2016?
1) In 2016 I hope to get stronger and faster. I've seen I can go the distance, but I want to do it faster and more efficiently.
How long have you been running and how did you get into the sport?
2) I started running in 2010. I was 272 pounds and watched a movie about Badwater. I thought why not me? I haven't looked back since.
Most recent race/achievement that you are proud of?
3) I'm proud of every single run, but Rocky Raccoon 100 2015 still takes the cake for me. It was my first attempt at 100, and I was successful. Many great people saw me along for that race and the training involved.
What other outdoor pursuits or cross training endeavors do you participate in?
4) I am learning to love time on my road bike. I started riding in 2014, but was never serious about it until a few months ago. A quad injury after pacing at badwater 135 this past summer helped to rekindle my interest. I also really love lifting weights.
Other than running and being an amazing human being, whats your day job or what keeps you busy during the day to day?
5) I'm a former high school English teacher. I now homeschool my two children. There's nothing better than being there to witness their educational growth, and with our frequent travels(recreational and racing), it is especially sweet to just load up the camper and do lessons on the road.